One of my clients’ is prone to ingrown hairs, what an I recommend?
We have developed a serum to help reduce ingrown hairs. We suggest to use the serum 24 hours after waxing.
One of my client’s is a strict vegan, which products an I use on her?
Vegan friendly products:
- All of the Outback Pre and Post products are vegan friendly
- All of our Outback Strip waxes are vegan friendly
- Outback Opal peelable
- Roller cartridges – True Blue, Gold, Eucalyptus & Cherry
- Outback Green & Gold massage body oils
Products which are not vegan friendly:
- Gold peelable
- Jade peelable
- Onyx peelable
- Peppermint and Lemongrass Wonder Balm
- Lemongrass and Lime Candle
Which of your waxes would you recommend for eyebrows and the upper lip?
We recommend our Outback Opal peelable for all facial waxing. It is strip free, hypoallergenic, and perfect for ultra-sensitive skin.
Which wax would you recommend for intimate areas?
We recommend our Outback Opal peelable for all intimate waxing. It is strip free, hypoallergenic, and perfect for ultra-sensitive skin.
How many full leg waxes do I get from a 100g cartridge?
1 full set of legs.
How many full leg waxes do I get from an 800g tin of Outback strip wax?
Approximately 5-6 full sets of legs.
How often does a client need to rebook for an intimate wax?
How long should an intimate wax take?
Booking time: 40 minutes
Treatment time: 30 minutes
What is the best temperature for Jade and Onyx peelable wax?
Generally, 54-56 degrees. However, every pot thermostat has a slightly different temperature and heat distribution. Please check with a pen thermometer and the consistency of the wax, the wax should run off the spatula like a thick honey.
What it the best temperature for Opal and Gold peelable wax?
Generally, 52-56 degrees. However, every pot thermostat has a slightly different temperature and heat distribution. Please check with a pen thermometer and the consistency of the wax, the wax should run off the spatula like a thick honey.
The wax isn’t removing all of the hair; I am having to overlay my wax
If the hair is short and stubborn, standard application of removal may not take the hair out. Apply your peelable against the hair growth removing with the direction of the hair growth using the wiggle technique.
Apply your peelable wax against the hair growth, also removing against the hair growth direction making sure the skin is fully supported.
How do I remove wax residue that is left on the skin?
Use botanical oil on a cotton pad to wipe away residual wax deposits. Follow with cleansing gel and post wax treatment.
My client has had one of the following reactions: Skin lifting, infected/raised follicles, Burnt skin, Bruising
Please ensure you are following all the steps below with each wax:
- Use Outback Gel Cleanser for every client.
- Use Outback Botanical Oil for every client.
- Do not use strip wax on sensitive areas such as eyebrows, upper lip, underarm or intimate areas.
- Use peelable wax for back and chest waxes ensuring full cleansing and use of botanical oil as part of your procedure. Use the post wax spray for skin prone to infected follicles followed by aloe gel.
- Always support the skin with every removal.
- Check wax temperature periodically to look for changes in consistency indicating a temperature increase or decrease.
How long does the hair need to be for an intimate wax?
Approximately 1cm or 2-3 weeks growth minimum.
Can you wax a pregnant client?
It is advisable not to wax in the first trimester, after this up until the due date is fine.